First Data UK uses 3-D Secure to ensure transactions are safe. Your card provider may send a code to your phone during the payment process for security.
1st January 2021
To all our valued customers
It’s been a difficult year for everybody, and with another national lockdown happening later this week, we want to assure everyone that during this difficult time, we will offer the best level of service we possibly can.
Our Long Eaton Store
As during the last lockdown, our Long Eaton shop will be closed for normal business, from 5th November to 2nd December. We will however continue to operate behind closed doors, receiving and fulfilling orders with our Click & Collect, Same Day Local Delivery and UK Wide Delivery services. To place your order, please use any of the following methods:
- Online via our website, ucig.co.uk
- By telephone, calling 0115 946 4247
- Our Facebook page uCigUK, by sending us a direct message
Click & Collect
Orders must be placed in advance by phone, online or Facebook. We will send you an email, message or agree with you on the phone when your order is ready to collect. Collections can be made between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday or 9am and 2pm Saturday from our Long Eaton store.
When collecting your order, please follow these steps:
- Ring the bell at the store entrance and wait on the High Street
- A member of staff will greet you, confirm your name and your order number
- If paying with cash, place it in the tray provided, and then stand back so we can retrieve it
If paying by card or contactless, the card machine will be placed on the table for you to make payment, and then retrieved by our team
- Your order will be placed on the table in the entrance, with any necessary change
- Wait for us to stand back and then pick up your order from the table
To help keep you and our employees safe, and to prevent is from running fowl of the law, face coverings must be worn and we please ask you to remain 2 metres away from other customers. If necessary, queue next to the orange barriers that are placed in front of the store.
Same Day Local Delivery
Our local delivery service will continue to serve Long Eaton, Sawley, Sandiacre, Breaston, Draycott and now Toton. We aim to deliver:
- Orders received by 3pm Monday to Friday the same day
- Orders received after 3pm Monday to Friday the next day
- Orders received by 11am Saturday the same day
- Orders received after 11am Saturday the next working day
- Orders received Sunday the next working day
Where possible, please pay using a contactless method or by debit/credit card. If this is not an option, we can accept cash for Click & Collect and Local Delivery orders. Our drivers do not carry cash for safety reasons, so we can only accept the exact amount when performing local deliveries.
Since we upgraded and invested heavily in our Sandiacre factory, we have the capacity to keep up with demand and with our dispatch department fully stocked, our stock position is very secure and will continue to be so.
So, while it is very clearly not ‘business as usual’ as many seem to be suggesting on social media, our business is still operating very effectively and we will be working tirelessly to ensure continuity of supply and to ensure you receive the highest level of help and support possible during these uncertain times.
We want you to know that if there is anything we can do to support you better, you only have to ask. We cannot promise everything will be possible, but what we can promise is that over the next few months, nobody will be trying harder for their customers than the people on the uCig Team and inside our uCig Family.
Please stay safe, and stay alert.